Sunday, May 31, 2009

All Gone to Look for America

Laughing on the bus, playing games with the faces. She said the man in the gaverty suit was a spy. I said be careful his bowtie is really a camera....Pass me a cigarette I think there's one in my raincoat. We smoked the last one an hour ago.

Where are the days of journeys to the most remote and quaint places in this fine country.

The smiling country faces, the simple life. We get caught up in our lives that we forget how to live.

Amy and I found it. In a few short hours we took a photo journey through Americana. Deep in the woods, a old deserted estate, a cute couple of older women behind the country and some boiled peanuts.

We drive everyday and forget to open our eyes to what is beyond the roads.

Take a journey every day.
Even if it is just for a moment

No comments: