Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cancer doesn't discriminate..At least it is a non-biased killer

Today, Boston College's All-America Linebacker Matt Herzlich was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma. This 6'4" 240 chose to come back for his senior year instead of pursing a lucrative career in the NFL.

Now he is in the biggest battle of his life against a team that he cannot see or control that is microscopic in size but more deadly than any other opponent he ever faced.

A friend of mine is watching her father lose a battle with cancer right now. There is no press coverage. There is no article all over the world but the same feeling of being lost and having no control is following her and her family each and every day.

When do we wake up and realize that each day is a valuable gift and we should not put off the adventures and goals we want to achieve.

I wish I could say I have not been guilty but I have have but I am doing my best to live out my dreams.

We should all think about that.

No comments: